1. Selvedge Dry Goods
- Instagram: instagram.com/selvedgegoods
- Selvedge Dry Goods features products handmade in Los Angeles with strong ties to owner Monique Cruz’s Mexican roots. The Los Angeles native studied product development at FIDM in San Francisco and returned home to share her love for design with her community. Her online shop features serape masks, keychains, and a variety of cute accessories for toddlers! Shop online at selvedgedrygoods.com.
2. Now Serving
- Instagram: instagram.com/nowservingla
- Owned by Ken Concepcion and Michelle Mungcal, Now Serving is probably the only cookbook shop you’ll find in Los Angeles. Before opening the shop, Concepcion spent two decades as a cook; when he hung up his jacket in 2016 he thought, “Where would cooks and chefs want to hang out on their day off?” That was the concept for Now Serving. The store is temporarily closed for in-person browsing, but their assortment of books, apparel, and cooking tools can be purchased online at nowservingla.com or via phone for curbside pick-up!
3. Local Fixture
- Instagram: instagram.com/localfixture
- Local Fixture is home for fine goods, community, and coffee in Whittier. Opened in 2013, Local Fixture sought to be “this generation’s general store,” with neat products and brands that were not necessarily represented in the city of Whittier. While the shop carries products from a variety of brands, it’s their Whittier Local line that has been the biggest hit among shoppers. Shop home and apparel at localfixture.com!
- Address: 6728 Bright Ave, Whittier, CA 90601
4. Reparations Club
- Instagram: instagram.com/reparations.club
- Reparations Club is a concept (book)shop & creative space curated by Blackness in Los Angeles, CA. Owner Jazzi McGilbert wanted something to call her own, and as a queer black woman in America, also wanted a space where she and others felt prioritized and comfortable. Reparations Club includes an array of books along with select home and apparel items that are all authored or designed by people of color (McGilbert recommends The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin). Browse their book selection and order online at rep.club or visit their curbside kiosk for more.
- Address: 054 S Victoria Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90016
5. P.F. Candle Co
- Instagram: instagram.com/pfcandleco
- P.F. Candle Co. is a Los Angeles-based home fragrance company; everything is produced, tested, and shipped out of their warehouse in the city. What started as a one-woman operation in 2008 has since grown, but their commitment to sustainability has stayed consistent. Some of their best selling candle fragrances include, Golden Coast, Sandalwood Rose, and Amber & Moss (you can get them as room sprays or car fragrances too)! Shop their full collection at pfcandleco.com.
- Echo Park: 2213 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Culver City: 6144 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232